Yoga, Meditation & Mindfulness Retreat in the Bahamas
FEBRUARY 17 - 21, 2017 (4 nights/5 days)
Join us for a meaningful retreat experience in a beautiful setting! This retreat will assist you in bringing your best self into the New Year! Our classes and mini-workshop sessions will help you to let go of the stresses of 2016 and to enthusiastically embrace the new possibilities of a brand new year.
Although yoga, meditation and mindfulness practices can be taught separately, you will leave this retreat understanding the intricate connection between all three of these pathways toward peace and optimal well-being. Consider giving yourself the incredible gift of this retreat!
the bahamas is the perfect destination for a rejvenating yoga retreat!
COST: $1,320 for 4 nights/5 days per person (double-person occupancy). * This all-inclusive yoga retreat package includes the following:
- Accommodations for 4 nights/5 days
- Daily yoga and meditation classes
- All meals, beverages and snacks
- All tips, taxes, services charges and gratuities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property
- Complimentary beach chairs/towels and non-motorized water sports
- Resort events such as Beach Barbeque and Caribbean Buffet
*Airfare is not included.
FYI, when making airline reservations, the airport code is FPO - Freeport, Bahamas (Grand Bahama International Airport). Grand Lucayan Resort is just 10 minutes from the airport. More info about Grand Lucayan Resort: http://www.travelpulse.com/news/hotels-and-resorts/exploring-the-grand-lucayan-resort.html
SPECIAL GUESt: CHRISTINE E. KIESINGER, pH.d.
Dr. Christine E. Kiesinger has been teaching yoga, meditation and mindfulness practices for twenty years. She holds a doctorate in Communication Studies with expertise in the areas of Interpersonal and Family communication studies. Christine is also a certified yoga and meditation teacher, Certified Reiki Master Teacher, and is completing her studies in Clinical Aroma Therapy. A master integrative wellness educator, she has lectured extensively around the country sharing her unique, multidisciplinary approach to optimal health.
Christine's classes are "experiential journeys" that open pathways to peace and healing at the deepest levels. Her teaching style is eclectic in nature, yet rooted in yogic history and tradition. She pulls from a variety of disciplines to create truly meaningful yogic experiences--lessons that linger long after her students leave the mat.
YOGA INSTRUCTOR: BERNIE MARCHANd, e-ryt 200
Bernie Marchand is an Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT 200) committed to the transformative power of yoga. She has taught over 2,000 students at 10 different studios across the U.S. and is currently pursuing her Master's degree in Yoga Therapy. Her classes focus on safe and mindful movement, strong breath work and restorative mediation. Her instruction will leave you feeling open physically, tranquil mentally and evolved spiritually. Bernie enjoys teaching yoga classes at Refresh Yoga in Old Town Alexandria, and looks forward to being one of the instructors at the upcoming Yoga Teacher Training program in the Fall 2016. To learn more about this, please visit:. www.refreshyogacenter.com
meet your host: marcela hughes
Marcela Hughes, 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT-500) and Health Coach, is the owner of Marcela's Yoga Boutique in Old Town Alexandria. She loves to offer international yoga retreats a couple of times a year to give people an opportunity to renew themselves, connect with nature in a beautiful destination, and learn more about the benefits of yoga and meditation. Marcela offers Yoga Workshops at Marcela's Yoga Boutique, and also teaches private yoga classes. To learn more about Marcela, please click here: About Marcela.
- 7:00 – 7:30 a.m.: Morning meditation at the beach.
- 7:30 – 9:00 a.m.: Breakfast / personal time.
- 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.: Gather with group for morning yoga practice. We begin each day with an inspiring and meaningful discussion led by Dr. Christine Kiesinger.
- 12:00 - 5:00 p.m.: FREE TIME – Lunch, take an afternoon tour, go snorkeling, relax on the beach, enjoy water sports, walk to Port Lucaya Marina and Marketplace, or treat yourself to a massage at the spa.
- 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.: Gather with group for early evening yoga session (such as Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Gentle Yoga, Yoga Nidra)
- 7:00 p.m. and on: Dinner, enjoy music, relax and unwind with friends.